Saturday, October 1, 2011

My Fall Quilt

This is the first large quilt that I made several years ago.My plan is to make 8 large quilts to give  one to each of my 8 grandchildren. The pattern called for a large number of various colours & so I did use many different fabrics. At first I thought I had gotten just a little carried away with using such variety of prints, but the more I looked & studied it, the more I liked it.

Every fall I put this quilt on display somewhere in my house. This year I put it on the short wall by the entrance stairs.

I had it quilted at a local fabric shop & they quilted it with a "cloud" pattern that is the same all over the quilt. I think it suits very well for this quilt.

I accepted a challenge from my niece to join "Blogtober." I'm going to attempt to blog every day for the month of October. Therein will be the challenge to find something noteworthy to blog about & there are some exciting things in store for me for this month. You will just have to come back to see what I'll be doing! Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Beautiful quilts!
Looking forward to hearing more from you this month. :)