Saturday, June 21, 2014

My Birthday Party Part 2

  The burger bar & BBQ beans were a big hit.
 


 For dessert, we had a sundae bar with a various  toppings.

Harla - non-Mennonite - teaching us Mennonites how to dance. 
Actually, we danced & moved & swayed & it was so much fun!

 Grandkids joined in & had a ball!

 The band played many well known songs.

 And we danced!



 And danced some more.


 Grandgirlies showing off their moves.

 Grandson enjoying some ice cream.

 My sons "roasting" me with some fitting words & a rousing rendition of " The Old Grey Mare ain't what she used to be!" Ah, yes - only my sons!!

 And then my sisters just marched right up to the mike & had a few things to say! And they roasted, I mean complimented me very well.

Son, Allen, very eloquently answered the question that our family has been asked many times. 
Are you OK? 
What does that mean? Are we OK?
He shared some deep insights in the many ways we answer that question. 

No comments: