Sunday, June 1, 2014

Happy 98th Birthday, Mom.

 On Friday, May 30, it was my mom's 98th birthday. The above picture was taken at the party we had for her that day. She is an amazing lady. Two years ago, she was still living on her own in an apartment & now she is a care home & is receiving very good care. Mom has been a most wonderful example to me & I have inherited some of her best attributes. She has passed on her love for sewing to me, especially quilting. Sewing quilts of love not only for family & also for charity. Mom was a fabulous cook & has passed on her skills to her 4 daughters. I still use many of her recipes & the banana rhubarb jam recipe that I follow is a huge favorite of my grandkids.

 This picture was taken on May 25 at the party we had for Mom with my sisters & spouses.  What a special event to celebrate!

The above picture is of Mom with some of her special friends from her church. The two ladies that are sitting beside her are her faithful friends who try to visit her every week.
My mom still is an amazing prayer warrior for her family. She has a very strong faith & is a Godly example for her family. Oh, that I too, may be that kind of an example for my children.

No comments: