Friday, June 20, 2014

My Birthday Party - Part 1

A couple of years, I decided that I would like to have a party for my 65th birthday. My dear friend, Jolane, planned her own 60th birthday party, a few years ago & it was a fun party.  So I started doing some thinking & planning during the long winter we had.  My birthday is in February & I wanted a BBQ  for a meal & who wants to come to a BBQ in the middle of winter? So I picked June 14th as a party date & did alot of planning  & the date & plan fell into place. 





 Grandgirlie posing with me.

 Grandsons waiting for food.
It was difficult but we limited the guest list to 60 of our closest family & friends. 
Supper was a burger bar with many fixings & BBQ beans.

 Son, Chris hired a band - Shake, Rattle & Roll & they played 50's & 60's rock.
 The event was held in Chris's shop.

This party was also a way to express our appreciation to our family & friends for their unending support to our family during this past year. 


 There was much laughter, many hugs & lots of conversation.

These 2 kind friends - co-workers from Salem - made sure the buffet lines flowed smoothly. Their husbands barbequed the burgers.

Oldest son, Allen in conversation with my sister, Carolyn.

 Grandkids enjoying chips & salsa.

 Chris did the welcome & grace.

 Enjoying the band.

Granddaughter - Katie & myself.
This was the display table where there was a picture of Barry & Zach & several of the quilts that I have sewn for the Agape Project. Instead of cards & gifts, there was an opportunity for my guests to contribute cash that will go towards purchase of fabric that I will sew into quits for the Agape Project or someone in need of a quilt. Thanks to the generosity of friends & family - $255 was donated & I can hardly wait to shop & start on quilts for this great charity. 
There were just too many pictures for one post so Part 2 will follow shortly. 

1 comment:

marlene edward said...

Enjoyed your birthday celebrations photos ..and getting to see the fun you all had. Glad to see and hear that you are still into your quilting projects. God bless you as you reach out in this way..