Wednesday, April 10, 2013

No Spring Weather = More Time Spent Quilting

 With no spring-like weather, snow banks on my yard where land-scaping is to happen, my sewing machine keeps on humming. I'm stocking up my baby quilt supply.
 Babies keep being born to church families & each one gets a handmade quilt & I try to keep 3 or 4 on hand.
 This quilt is for a young lady also from my church who is receiving cancer treatments.
 I made this one with blues & browns.
 This quilt is for The Agape Project, a local charity here in town.
 This fabric was in a grab-bag & the pastel colours blended quite well.
 Here I used some brighter colours with pastels.
Maybe I can get a few more done while waiting for spring here on the Prairies.

1 comment:

kerry and jo said...

Do you do the quilting yourself, by hand or by machine? They look great! I cut out some flannel rag blankets and started cutting pieces for a baby quilt, our snow is quite deep here yet too.