Monday, January 7, 2013

January 2013

The above picture is of a home in Minot, ND. that Mennonite Disaster Service restored so the home owner could move back after the food in June 2011 & it has since received new siding.  So how is this relevant to my post today? Hubby & myself have volunteered for MDS for the past three winters for a period of 4 -6 weeks at a time & this winter we decided to change things around a little. Albert was getting restless with the thought of a long winter ahead with not too many projects to do as our new home is done on the inside.  There is much work to be done outside with the landscaping & brick driveway which we will do in the spring. So we decided that Albert work do a month of MDS while I stayed home to rest my body, mind & soul after a difficult year of transition. Albert is now in Minot, ND for the month of January volunteering as Construction Foreman & I am enjoying my time at home. According to my conversation with Albert last evening, there is still much work to be done & his skills & knowledge in  construction & renovation will be put to good use.
I am very involved in my sewing projects here which I will post about very soon. The first quilt is nearly done & I have a good start on the next one. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am envious of your me time! Enjoy. Katherine C.