Saturday, January 12, 2013

A New Camera



My love of photography started when I was around 12 years old, growing up in Southern Manitoba, with very little chance to earn any cash to buy a camera. I earned a little money picking raspberries in my mom's large garden, that she would sell through my aunt who lived in Horndean. I managed to save enough money to buy my first camera at Winkler Photo Studio, like the one pictured above, for $12.00 & that was a lot of money for a young girl to have. It didn't have the flash, but I wouldn't have been able to buy flashbulbs anyway. I think the people at the studio gave me a roll of film for free. Then I had to save enough money to develop the film & this being the early 60's, was black & white. This little camera, an Ansco Cadet, served me well for a number of years & I really don't remember when I retired this one & upgraded. I've have several cameras throughout the years. My Canon Powershot 1200, that I received as a Christmas gift in December 2009, has taken lots & lots of great pictures & I will continue to carry it in my purse although I am learning to use my Iphone more.

In the fall of 2011, I bought a used SLR Canon Rebel  & enjoyed learning how to use it. This fall, when the Rewards catalogue came from Mastercard, I browsed through it several times & checked our points & realized that with all our house building & charging our Menards purchases to MC, I had enough points for a Canon camera & a lens.





 I put my order in for a Canon Rebel EOS T3i in Monday, December 30 & it arrived a week later. Unpacking the box felt like Christmas all over again!


 
The "Dummies" book I had purchased a year ago from a gift card from one of my sons.  So this has been an action-filled week with finishing 2 quilts & learning how to use this new camera. So I'm hoping for a sunny day tomorrow so I can cruise the countryside & take some pictures of the snow that the blizzard dumped on us last night. Pictures of the quilts to follow soon too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Morgan got a Canon Rebel T1 a couple of years ago. She loves it and it takes fabulous pictures! Enjoy.

Katherine