Friday, October 19, 2012

Time to Sew

This blog started off being about quilts & gardening & there hasn't been much of either going on here. Today I organized my sewing room  - well, some of it. How do I downsize from from three large closets to one smaller one without parting with of my beautiful fabric stash? So I've filled a few plastic bins & boxes & shuffled them around the house in different closets & shelves & now I hope to very soon start some projects for Christmas.
 So today a grandgirlie came to spend the day & her request was to sew a pillow. She chose the fabric & designed what she wanted on it & then with a little help & diection, she sewed!
 We also finished a project we had worked on during the summer & both were done in time to take home at the end of the day.
 Next week, hopefully the piecing for a quilt will begin in my sewing room that is constantly calling my name!

2 comments:

kerry and jo said...

Looks like a fun time with your grand-daughter! Are you in your new home already?

Fit the Piece said...

Yes, Kerry & Jo, we moved in at the end of August & are getting settled. The inside is all done except for a few very minor finishing. Albert has been working on the workshop in the back yard. landscaping will wait until next year.