Thursday, December 16, 2010

December 16, 2010

Christmas 2010 - just a few days away. Around here, I'm feeling pretty relaxed about Christmas preparations. Shopping is done & most of the gifts are wrapped, meal planning is done in my head so just need to make a menu & make up a shopping list. As far as Christmas baking goes, I decided not to do very much as my family is not a huge fan of the very sweet goodies so I'll bake a few favorites like shortbread & matrimonial squares & one other cookie. Our family enjoys a variety of appetizers like chicken wings & veggies & dip more than the sweet goodies. And then, I'll clean the house next week & then I'll be set. Makes for a relaxing week to spend time concentrating on the Reason for the Season. I have some reading to do about how people celebrate Christmas  while listening to carols. I attended 3 Christmas programs this past week presented by the schools our grandkids are attending. The true meaning of Christmas was very clearly presented  giving me cause to be thankful for the local school division. We have one more concert on Tuesday evening & the Sunday School concert on Christmas Eve. This sounds too easy! Better check my list. Twice!

No comments: