Tuesday, February 16, 2010


Countdown

Four days to go before we leave for Dulzura, California for our six week volunteer assignment with MDS. We have been in touch with the Project Directors at Dulzura who have generously shared information & pictures. Even though we are excited to go & serve, it is not without some trepidation. I have never been away from home so so long & I love being at home & my routine. I also very much treasure time spent with my kids & grandkids & to not see any of them for 6 weeks is something my brain cannot fathom right now. I 'm very thankful for email & FaceBook which will enable me to keep in touch daily. I also think that there will be so many new things in my life that my mind will be occupied with enjoying the whole experience & I plan to put much effort & energy into making our time away a success.
Three days remain in our 24/7 caring for our 4 grandkids & then we hand them off to their parents as we head out the door! Actually we will have one day to hear about their trip & to say our good-byes. Our time with the 4 grandkids has been most enjoyable (I'm not just saying this b/c I know our kids will read this!) I have gained a new appreciation for moms & dads who taxi kids back & forth to music lessons, gymnastics, nursery school, etc. I have also muttered under my breath at car seats & buckles & breaking what little fingernails I have!!
Strength from Above is always enough for the day & that is what I will depend on heavily as I sail my flimsy raft into uncharted waters.

Lillian


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are excited for you--hope you have a great adventure.We are just planning our vacation-who knows-we may show up at your site one day!H&P

Sister E. said...

This will be my farewell, and well wishes as you leave for your volunteer term. I, too am glad for facebook and your blog for ways of keeping connected. God bless you and A. as you travel, and adjust to your assignments. We will pray, and I truly trust that God will answer your prayer about your longings for your children & grandchildren.