Sunday, August 24, 2014

Special Quilt for a Special Lady

 I made this quilt for my very good friend, Jolane. In early spring, I told her that I wanted to make a quilt for her & wanted her to chose the fabric. She picked the 2 main colours & I chose the cream & solid brown to compliment the brown/burgundy paisley & the brick tone on tone.
 

 The 2 pictures above, show the colour as quite scarlet but it is really more of a brick red. I hadn't worked with this combination of colours before & quite enjoyed watching these colours come together.

 I liked how the cream solid just popped out & enhanced the 2 other colours. This pattern was also fairly easy to sew. 

This is my friend, Jolane & myself. We have been friends for over 35 years & have had a lot of fun times. We have "had each other's backs" through family crisis, losing parents, kids graduating & getting married, grandchildren arriving, shopping trips & tropical holidays. Jolane & her husband, Harv, have been a huge support to us during this past year. I hope she enjoys this quilt for many years to come.

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Beautiful ladies, beautiful quilt!

Marlene E. said...

It is how God puts others into our pathway as life's journey goes on.
Quilt looks lovely and the love behind each one you make God blesses you through this ministry.

Love the work you put into each quilt with tenderness of heart and God's love.