Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Thankfulness

Our kids were all home for Thanksgiving. We had not been altogether as a family since August 2009 so this was an event to celebrate. One of our Thanksgiving family traditions is to give each family member an opportunity to express what they are thankful for - and the items mentioned must pass my okay before the next person can talk as "video games" or "my laptop" don't count!!
Here is a partial list of what the Unrau Family is thankful for:
1. food & snacks
2. new job for my brother
3. my guitar & the chance to play in a rock band in school
4. my blanket
5. my cousin, Abby
6. friends & family
7. health & safety during racing & harvest
8. Jesus
9.God's Timing - events that happened during this past year
10. I wish I could see God.

Lord - thank-you for all your blessings during this past year. Thank-you for Your faithfulness & Your promises to walk along side us & we know You are there even when the way is dark & lonely. I pray that my children will keep the faith & pass it on their children. I place each family member in Your hands & may each one place their trust in You alone. Amen.

3 comments:

Katherine said...

Great picture Lillian! It must be nice to have Barry and Sigrid a little bit closer/in reasonable driving distance. Getting everyone together will be just a little bit easier.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

This is a Christmas card photo if I've ever seen one!

Claudette

ruth said...

how does one get a photo? good job.