Sunday, October 3, 2010

Projects




I have a number of Christmas gifts that I'm planning to sew. The 2 biggest projects that I'm working on now are quilts for 2 grandkids. We have 8 grandkids in total & I can't possibly make a quilt for each one to be given at Christmas so I 've chosen to make 2 per year until I have them all "covered!" So to start with, I've chosen the 2 grandkids that live the greatest distance from us as we don't see them as frequently as the ones that live here in Manitoba. I'm making the quilts for single beds but they will also work on a double bed. One quilt is nearly done & I've finished piecing the top for the black/yellow & blue one & hope to layer the batting/backing & top together tomorrow. The weather forecast is for sun & warm weather this coming week so in between cooking for the tiling crew & cleaning the flower beds, I'll need to work hard at my sewing too as I have a number of projects to do before Christmas.

2 comments:

kerry and jo said...

Looks like fun! I am itching to get a sewing machine again so that I can make Christmas gifts and other stuff.

Sonya said...

Beautiful!