Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I usually have my camera in my purse in case I happen upon something that I want to snap a picture of.  We went for a drive in the country Sunday morning after church - after we picked up a Tim's, of course. At the end of a road, south of Morden, we came upon this old homestead with a collapsed log cabin. Now, if this cabin could talk, it would have many stories to tell.
As I'm delivering meals to the tiling crew, my travels take me into parts of the country around here that I've never been to before. I see many farmyards & fields. 

This old farmyard really caught me eye. Here is where people lived & worked very hard at farming. There are a number of old buildings, some have fallen down as they are just too tired to stand up.

These old trucks have served well in their time & I think the old farmer just can't bear to part with them as they are symbols of another time. Or maybe they will be  restoration project for someone. Enjoying the countryside is one of the bonuses of delivering meals and listening to some of my favorite music as I drive along.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

I love drives like that. And old yard sites always appeal to me too. What a story they could tell if only they could talk! Makes me appreciate the way things have changed too. :)