Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fall Road Trip

 On Wednesday I went to MacGregor to visit my mom & as she loves a drive in the country & so that's what we did. First we had lunch in Gladstone & then we went on to Plumas as I had heard of a wonderful quilt store there. And wonderful it was!! Wasn't sure if I could get my mom to set foot in the store with such an expressive name but  I didn't draw too much attention to it & in we went!
 And oh, what feast of colour & patterns & designs! What a quilters' haven!
 I bought some fabric that has multi-coloured electric guitars on it which I'll sew into a quilt for my oldest grandson for Christmas next year.
 I got another piece of fabric for a Christmas gift for a family member. Can't talk about it or show it here as she reads my blog. Will show the finished product after Christmas.
Well, I hope that this will be the beginning of many trips to this wonderful store. I thought their prices were also quite reasonable & lower in comparison to another quilt store just west of my town. It was a great day for a drive & the next time I go, I'll try to snap a few pictures of the new settlement of the Old Order Mennonites who have recently moved to the Plumas area. We did see several horse & buggies on the road but didn't want to intrude on their lives so I didn't take any pictures. Would only take pictures of their farms if no people were outside as most don't want pictures taken of themselves & I would respect that. We also saw the school with several children playing outside. Great day!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe we can take a spring trip up there once things settle down 'round these parts. I love quilt shops, just need to haul out the sewing machine again and try a few projects.

Charlotte