Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Christmas Quilts


 I made this quilt for our oldest son, Allen & his wife, Lena. I asked my girls early in the year if they would appreciate a quilt & which colours they would like & Lena said yes & she would like blues & browns. So I shopped & got started on it & finished it in early May.

 I used a log cabin pattern which looks great with any colour & fabric.

 I tried a new method for me, Quilt as you go & after reading lots on line & watching Youtube, I figured out a method that worked for me & was quite happy with the results.

Lena was happy with her quilt & loves the colours. The other 2 girls will need to wait their turn for their orders. Maybe next Christmas.

 And guess who was absolutely thrilled with her cat quilt?

No words necessary, you can tell by the smile on her face!
 

No comments: