Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Walk in the Woods Quilt

 I sewed this lap quilt for my sister as a Christmas gift. I started it on the Sunday during the Grey Cup game & finished it the following Wednesday evening. That's the fastest I've ever made a quilt of this size. I used 10 " precut squares & 2 1/2" strips from the "Walk in the Woods" collection from Connecting Threads.
This is the first time I have sewed with batiks & now I just can't wait to do another project with batiks.
One excited sister expressing her thanks while another sister is asking  "So next year it's my turn?"
I think she likes it! On the coffee table is the gift I received from her - a quilted table centerpiece she purchased at a quilt auction. It is very beautiful & very neatly made and no, I will not be making one like it as it is much too detailed for the kind of quilting that I enjoy doing.  Thanks for this lovely gift, Helen.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Beautiful quilt!! Lovely to see the recipient so excited.