Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My Sewing Machine has been humming!!

My January sewing frenzy began with the production of 9 baby quilts.
Most of the baby quilts I sew are used by the Care Program at the church I attend & are given to babies born to families who attend the church.
I had pieced some of the tops last fall & so just machine quilted & sewed on the binding. One of the fabric stores in town had a half price sale so I purchased the fabric I need for the coming year for the baby quilts.
I had depleted my potholder supply during the Christmas season so I spent a few days replenishing that.
 
The potholders finish at about 9" square so they are a nice size & quite thick. So now I have some extra to give away when the opportunity arises. Next project - machine quilt a large quilt that has been tucked away in a closet. More about that in the next blog.

1 comment:

historygirl said...

My goodness have you ever been busy! Do you have a specific baby quilt pattern that you use? I have a few friends that are expecting and I would love to make something for them!