Friday, January 27, 2012

The Black & White Quilt




I pieced this black & white quilt almost 2 years ago & then I shopped for the backing & found some wide sheeting that was also black & white. So I "sandwiched" the top, batting & backing & pinned it all. And then I put it into a closet with the intention of machine quilting it soon. Well, "soon" became two winters later & so this week was the time to tackle this big project. When I looked closely at the pattern, I decided to "stitch in the ditch" around all the squares & it ended up being more tedious than difficult so it went fairly quickly when I sat down to do it. Now I'm in the process of hand stitching the back of the binding to the back. I'll post more pictures of the finished quilt.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Edna said...

Another masterpiece of art! Where is this one going?