Tuesday, January 10, 2012

First Finish of 2012

My lack of blogging does not reflect lack of activity in my quilting workshop. I had started this Christmas wall hanging in mid December, thinking that I would complete it in time for Christmas but had not accounted for the tediousness of paper piecing.
I like to do the occasional paper pieced project as it challenges me to think "outside the box" & I like the precision of  paper piecing. If you look closely, you cans see that the corners aren't as precise as they could be but I attribute that to some of the flimsy fabrics I used!
Due to the late finish of this wall hanging, I didn't get to display it for this past Christmas so I'll have something new for Christmas 2012.
Paper piecing is so messy with cutting away all the small pieces & then removing the paper so that inspired me to organize my fabric closet. Some people coordinate according to colours which I was going to do too at first but then decided to organize according to projects & variety  - baby quilts, potholders, batiks, fleece & "other." So with that great start to the New Year, I have been producing baby quilts again & will post the finished results soon. Now if only I can keep my fabric closet looking so neat & tidy!

2 comments:

Edna said...

Gorgeous! Waiting to see more.

Kukum Quilts said...

Once again, Stunning! Just like you!
Shirley