Saturday, August 6, 2011

My August Garden

This clematis vine has grown very well this summer. It has a few yellow blooms on it now.


Here's the pig & the penguins keeping watch over the hostas. There are some started Coral Bells in the white pot.


Pink mallow & sunflowers in the back that are almost ready to bloom.


This a variety of petunias, portulaca, grasses & impatiences & flocks. Had really hoped that the flowers would fill in more.


This bed is in my front yard & is a disaster. The Black Lace Elder is struggling to grow & the petunias that usually do well everywhere are just looking sick. There is a large tree about 10 feet away from this bed which belongs to my neighbor so that may have something to do with why the plants just aren't doing great. I took a picture so that I have a record in order to improve things for next year.


I have 2 pots of this in the front yard & they are doing great.


This pot is in front of the garage too & I'm happy with this one.


This is coming up the walk to my front door & these petunias have just done great this year. I'm thinking that I will plant this variety in the front bed for next year.


This trio of vines are on my back deck. I'm waiting for the morning glory to bloom.
That's the tour of my August garden. Thanks for stopping by.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Looks great!
Thanks to two litters of kittens my flower beds have pretty much been flattened to nothing.
On my wish list: motion activated sprinkler - next year!

Edna said...

Lovely! Gardening is always a challenge here in Manitoba.