Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Purple Quilt

Created with PhotoShake iPad


I sewed this quilt for a family member who is having some health issues & due to distance, I can't be the support I wish I could be. So I sewed this quilt for her with love, prayers & wishes for a dreamless, satisfying sleep. When I was choosing colours, I kept coming back to the purples & she told me later that purple is her favorite colour! The pattern is called "Turning Twenty....Again" which refers to using 20 fat quarters & the way the fabric is cut & sewn together. It went together quite quickly & I machine quilted it using a meandering pattern.

2 comments:

grandmarockton said...

BEAUTIFUL and love the color soooo much LOVE

Beth said...

It is a beautiful quilt, and sure to bring much comfort to your family member. The colors are so calming and soothing.