Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pickle Time


Just can't seem to not do any any canning! We just love the taste of homemade beet pickles & bread & butter pickles and some of our family members appreciate it too. I guess that's why I still plant a garden that includes vegetables. This year has been so dry & I didn't water the garden enough so my cucumbers were finished producing. Most of them grew quite large last week while I was away. So I battled the crowds at MCC Tuesday morning & yes, I found 3 bags of the right size of cucumbers for $1.50 per bag! So I took my purchase home & made pickles. The  beets produced very well in my garden so I made 14 pints of beets pickles & from the cucumbers I made 9 pints of  bread & butter pickles. I have enough relish from last year so I don't need to make any of that. Love the sound of snapping lids  after I've processed them so I know all the hard work of canning is a success.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Looks great! That's a super price on cucs! I've been waiting for my cucs to produce a little faster. I'm only at 3 pints of pickles so far! Lol.