Thursday, November 26, 2015

A Quilt Post

The above 9 quilts I sewed for the Care Committee from my church & the baby quilts are gifted to families having 1st babies. I sewed most of them in spring & finished the last 3 in fall. Love sewing baby quilts as they are a small project to work on & sew up quickly & also love working with bright colours & also a variety of patterns.

This cranberry quilt I sewed for a door prize for my church's Christmas Banquet that was held earlier this month.

I just loved this fabric collection when I first saw it at the fabric store & I put some white with it to bring out the vibrant reds. This was a new pattern for me & not too difficult except I made it into a lap sized - approx 58 x 58 & not the crib sized that the pattern called for. 

This is the back of the quilt. A dear friend from my Small Group won the quilt & she was so very pleased & it has gone to a very good home!

1 comment:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful work Lillian.