Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Month of May

The 9 month mark is past. Mother's Day is past. It was the worst Mother's Day of my life. It is now in the past.
 In the sadness, there were spots of joy. Son #3 taking us out of coffee Sunday morning. Son #1 coming out from Winnipeg - even though he was "on call" for the company he works for. Wonderful lunch hosted by C&C. Watching grandchildren interact with cousins.
Calling my almost 98 year old mom & hearing her say to me - "I love you."

Messages & emails from friends & family with encouragement & prayers.

At times, the clouds were very dark.

Now, I'm remembering May 14, 1971, 7:03 AM.  Had just given birth to my second son & I was so very thrilled with now having  2 boys. Didn't get to hold him until hours later. And that's just the way it was done then. Babies were brought to the moms every 4 hours, no exceptions. So I waited until my new baby was brought to me & I hugged him & kissed him & unwrapped his little body to count toes & fingers. I looked into his blue, blue eyes & touched his fuzzy blond hair. And he looked back at me, his mom.
Seems like a life time ago. So happy, so privileged that I could be his Mom for over 42 years here on earth. I am still his mom. He is still my son.

He will always be my son. I will always be his Mom.

No comments: