Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Finish

Here you can see the backing of the quilt. Found this beautiful matching piece of fabric in Fargo at Joann's.
This is the black & white quilt that I have been working on for just over a year & a half. I was just a little afraid to tackle the quilting but then decided to stitch in the ditch & I'm quite happy how it turned out. This quilt will go into my stash of ready made quilts to be gifted to one of my 8 grandchildren when they become adults & have a home of their own.
I think it looks pretty nice on my bed & I just may put it there once in awhile so I can enjoy it too.

3 comments:

md said...

Does "stitch in the ditch" mean quilting along the piecing seams?

Fit the Piece said...

Yes, it means to stitch right in the indentation line where 2 pieces have sewn together. I don't always get it right on but after I've washed the quilt & it "puckers" & gets that "quilty" look, mistakes like not being right in the ditch, hardly show.

Kukum Quilts said...

Another inspiration. and I am embarking on a black and white with hits of red. This makes me want to stick with Black and White