Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Celebration!




 On Sunday, we, being my 3 sisters & our families, got together to celebrate my mom's 95th birthday. Due to muddy country roads, the venue was changed to my sister's home, who so graciously hosted the event with only a few hours notice.The gift of hosting is another trait that all of us girls have inherited from our mother & that was very evident in my sister & brother in law in having a large crowd invade their home & yard, so many thanks to them for having us. It had been a long time since many of the cousins had seen each other & our group totaled 47 in all. So sorry the missing 10(?) family members couldn't make it. We honoured mom with  many tributes & thanks for her kind & wonderful example of love towards all of us.We enjoyed a supper of BBQ hamburgers, hotdogs & salads & of course, birthday cake.

My mother with my three sons. Chris, Allen, my mom & Barry.

Albert chatting with mom.

My mom will be 95 on May 30th.

Mom with 12 out of 15 grandchildren. So glad that so many could make it.

Carly enjoying the bubble maker.

My 2 oldest grandsons, Zac & Jared.

Abby & Katie doing a goodbye dance.
Mom & sisters - Edna, Helen, Mom, Carolyn & me.   

1 comment:

Katherine Chornoboy said...

Wow! What a great opportunity to get together and celebrate. I know how hard it is to get everyone together. I'm sure you had a lot of fun and created a lot of memories. Her grandchildren and great grandchildren are so lucky to get to know her.

Your Mom is amazing. She's wearing her years well.

Katherine