Monday, June 8, 2015

Mom's Birthday Party

It was my Mom's 99th birthday on May 30. My 3 sisters & myself, together with our spouses brought lunch & celebrated  Mom's birthday at the care home where she lives now. We enjoyed quiche, salad & chocolate pie for lunch.

My youngest sister, Carolyn, had the wonderful idea of having communion together with Mom. Carolyn read some scripture & shared some meaningful thoughts.

Then my Mother asked us all to hold hands around the table & she prayed a beautiful prayer of blessing over all of us & all her family members.

Smiles!

My dear 99 year old Mom & myself.

Mom with her 4 daughters.

Mom with the boys.

Here we are, in birth order, from left to right with our husbands in the back row.
Was a very special day. 

2 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh how special to be able to celebrate together like that. The communion is a wonderful idea and so precious.

Marlene E. said...

Enjoyed your photos of the flowers which add such color to any yard. Most of all I loved your time together with your mom. The Word and faith is still being handed down to the generations from one who lives the Word in her personality and actions. I am so glad that our parents held that torch of faith for us and continue to do so.
It reminds me of Dad doing the same thing around the table and the times at the nursing home when we visited and the most memorable time was at Kathy and Peter's wedding that at the motel dad held devotions the way he always did at home.
I am so thankful for godly parents and for you Aunt Helen who lives out the faith of our fathers...a lovely and most precious moment Lillian as you remember the Lord in such a way. God bless you all.