Monday, June 29, 2015

Evening in "The Pits."

Grandson, Adam, began his first year of racing this "Slingshot" race car.
Goes about 40 -45 MPH.

Here Adam & his pit crew are testing the tire pressure.

This was taken at Devil's Lake Speedway. Adam's dad is usually in the pits too but had a wedding to attend so Albert & myself were his "pit crew." 
Now, how cool is that to have your grandparents pit for you? 
Well, I was mostly standing around & taking pictures.
 
Here is the start of Adam's race & I didn't get anymore pictures as I was videoing the race for Adam's parents to view. Adam won 4th as he did Friday evening also in Grand Forks. These cars are really fun to watch & the racer's ages are from 8 - 15 years old. 
When I asked Adam if he was disappointed that he didn't win, he replied - "No, I want to win when my dad is watching." 
What a tribute to his dad!

1 comment:

Ruth Hiebert said...

This post tells me much about the relationship between you and your grandson and also between him and his dad. These are wonderful things to hear.