Sunday, September 8, 2013

One Month


 It's one month today. One month since August 8th. Our lives have been changed forever. We have been thrust into such deep sorrow, a way of life that we did not plan for or ever wish for. There's times when I think that this is all bad dream. Times when it seems like it has been a long, long time ago. Sometimes it seems like I'm still in the moment, waiting in the hospital to hear, thinking it can't be too bad as I spoke with Albert on the phone, when he was still at the accident scene.   And then reality hits, like a heavy stone on my chest, it's an effort to take a deep breath. Our son, my second born son, my B,  as in Allen, Barry, Chris, is gone. Our grandson, my second born grandson, Zach, is gone. And I cling to my faith,  grasping at promises in the Scriptures. At times it's hard to pray, I know the Holy Spirit intercedes for me. The Lord knows my pain. Someone calls, someone sends me an encouraging email. Tears fall. I look at some of the many cards people have sent to us. Such kind words.  We hear various reports about the accident & we know that Albert's life was spared. 


These pictures were taken by my niece. The top one was taken after the family service Wednesday evening. The bottom picture is of the memory table depicting Barry & Zach's lives. 
This weekend our church was celebrating 125 years & Brian Doerkson & his band had a concert Saturday evening. We wept through some of the songs. Each song blessed us & encouraged us.  There is healing around the sadness. Our church family is so very supportive. Friends are calling to check on how we are doing. Our family calls to see how Albert is doing. Friends & family are calling to arrange visits. We feel loved, blessed & cared for.

1 comment:

Edna said...

Hugs, sister. Your blog title has just taken on a whole new meaning; you are indeed fitting the pieces together. It seems like right now, we are under God's weaving loom and all we can see is the tangled threads. One day we will see the beautiful piece of work from the right side.