Monday, September 19, 2011

In a Jam

This year the grapes produced very well. A few days ago I noticed a couple of robins hopping in & out from under the grapes leaves. A short time later there were a few more robins & so I went to check if the grapes were ripe enough to pick so that's what I did & I left lots for the robins to invite their friends & have a party!





So the next afternoon, some of my grandchildren helped me with the process of pulling the grapes off the stems, then cooking them for about 5-7 minutes & then squeezing the juice out of the grapes using a cone sieve.
After all that messy work, I produced 35 jars of grape jam!! I'll probably give 25 jars away. Some of the grandkids have submitted their orders!
Now to go & clean up a messy kitchen!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: