Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mother's Day Thoughts


There are many thoughts, readings, poems & stories written about Mother's Day. Advertising bombards us with many ideas on what to buy & how & where to celebrate this special day. So what is important to me about this day? First - moms need & want to be respected & loved everyday & a day set aside to honour moms in a special way is a good thing.
My mom, who will be 94 at the end of this month, continues to be a positive influence in my life. She is a strong prayer warrior for her whole family & I wonder where would we all be if we didn't have her to bring us - her family - before the Heavenly Throne daily. She has set the bar pretty high in her example to me & I'm working towards this goal - maybe praying towards the goal is better wording.
I don't know if my kids read my blog regularly & if they do, here is a hint of a gift that doesn't cost any money & that's at the top of my list. Just put your arms around me & tell me you love me. And a phone call with those words works too. Don't get me wrong - I love gifts too, lots of presents! An "I love you" just warms me all up inside & keeps me going for days/ weeks!
And so I ask myself - do I tell my kids often enough that I love them? That each one is wonderful & has grown up to be a man that I am so very proud of? That I pray for each of them by name & also for their families?
Happy Mother's Day to all my readers. A day to receive wishes for a happy day & also a day to tell our children we love them.

1 comment:

cindy said...

Lillian, I love reading your blogs... I miss my mom very much and I think of her often.. I do tell Amanda that I love her every day.. Not to mention my special grand daughter... I agree it's important to tell the people around you that you love them, not just on special occasions.. Anyway, have a wonderful mother's day....