Friday, March 19, 2010

The MDS Midwife


On Thursday, when we were sitting out on the deck enjoying our lunch & the sunshine, the neighbour lady came over from next door & told us her nanny goat was experiencing some difficulty delivering her kids, did any of us have experience in assisting goats giving birth. Of course I couldn't jump over the fence fast enough to help even if my hands on experience in goat delivery is limited. When we got there one kid was already born & I verbally assisted with the delivery of the second baby! Two very cute baby kids that I can go over & play with any time!!How great is that?? For those of you who know my fondness for goats, will know that I'll go check them out frequently. And then the nice lady gave us a big bag of lemons from her tree & told us to come & pick more whenever we need some. This all made for a great story at report time after supper!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Lil! Glad you're having time for fun amidst all the work. cp

kerry and jo said...

Better you than me. I wouldn't have been any help in that department, but I'm sure it made for an interesting day. Jo