Saturday, August 8, 2015

Two Years

Two years.
Two years ago today - August 8th, 2013.
Seems like forever ago & seems like just yesterday. 
I remember that day so clearly.
I remember each minute, each hour, each word spoken, so clearly.
That day, so unreal now, a bad dream where the edges are blurred. 
How happy I was to have Barry & Zach join us for lunch that day.
Our hugs were so warm, loving, full of joy to see them.
My sister, Carolyn, from Brandon was out visiting for a few days. 
Grandson, Nick, had a sleep-over at our place, was at the lunch table too. 
We had coffee & cinnamon bus around 3. 
Great conversation, laughter.
Love.
Several hours later, our  lives were changed forever.
How do I put my thoughts & feelings into words?
There are no words to express my sorrow, my anguish, my sorrow that is too deep for tears.
Comfort comes from Above.
Comfort comes from words & hugs expressed by many family & friends.
And then I get ambushed by such deep feelings of grief.
Comfort comes from knowing that I will be reunited with Barry & Zach again.
Our life on earth is but a vapour.
I ask of the Lord - Please tell Barry & Zach that I love them & miss them so much.
I know that they are happy in Heaven & have whole bodies & are free of the toils of this earth.

 The above quote I have read over & over again.  So true.
There is a time for everything.
A time to remember, a time to reflect.


 A time to give thanks for my dear family members that surround me with their love. A time to be thankful for my husband whose life was spared that day.

I have so many questions that may never be answered here on earth.
My heart is so sad.
And tomorrow the journey continues.
I will look for spots of joy because I know they are all around me.
I am thankful for many things, so many things.
Thankful for life.
Thankful for strength for each day to carry on.
Thankful for Jesus & His love for me & that through this tragic event in our family, I can see & feel His caring for us even if I can't understand His plan.
His grace & His strength is enough.

3 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Two years is such a short time,yet feels like forever.Keep on leaning on Jesus.I sometimes wonder just how big that bottle of tears is that God collects.I know mine,and I'm sure yours as well,must be a very large one.Hugs to you my friend.

Marlene E. said...

Thinking of you all at this time as well. Seeing it from God's perspective gives us strength to go on here on earth. Praying that His strength will carry you through today and in the years ahead...

Unknown said...

This blog entry is so well written--you have a gift of sharing your journey and having us come along with you. You show us how to value the gifts present in our life right now.