Thursday, November 1, 2012

Visiting Mom




Today my cousin, Lois & myself spent the afternoon visiting with my mom. Lois brought her electronic harpsichord & sang some beautiful & encouraging hymns for mom.




Mom is working through the difficult process of giving up her home & possessions & settling into the care home environment so it was good to share a few laughs & a cup of coffee & cookies. In the white bag on the table beside Mom, is her crochet yarn that she brought in case she got bored, but she didn't reach for it at all. Guess we kept her pretty much entertained!



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Edna said...

Thanks, Lois for sharing your gifts, and bringing some music into Mom's life. Last night I played for Mom a Youtube version of George Beverly Shea singing "How great thou art". I think music is a great connector.

Kukum Quilts said...

It's a small world. I lived beside Lois in nurses training many years ago. And I see her about every five years or so