Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Saying - Good-bye

This morning at 11 AM it was "Possession Day" for the people who purchased our home. So this morning I picked up Tim's coffee for Albert & myself & we walked though the house & yard & said " good-bye" - to the house, not to each other!
After Albert left, I walked though each room & reflected on the purpose & happenings in the each of the rooms. As I closed the door to each of the rooms, these were some of my thoughts - this is where I prepared many meals & baked dozens of cinnamon buns to share, in this room we shared many happy times with family, in this room I sewed many quilts and spent hours crafting with the grandchildren, in this room we watched an alfalfa field turn into a streets & homes.
 In some places there were also some sad memories & also some unpleasant ones. What was the strongest & foremost in my mind is the reminder that this world is not my Home, my life here on earth is but a vapor & I must cast my heart forward to Heaven where my true Treasure is.
Good-bye, 399 Prairieview, you have served us well for nearly 11 years. I hope the happiness & love in this home will remain for the new family moving in & that they will enjoy & care for you as much as we have.

As I closed the door here for the last time, I look forward to making 669 Larkspur Crescent a place of love & happiness for all who enter there.

No comments: