Saturday, December 10, 2011

My Christmas Quilt



 I have been wanting sew myself a Christmas quilt for the past few years and just never have taken the time before Christmas to sew one for myself and just never got around to it after the holidays.

 So I decided that this was the year to do it.The quilt pattern is called " Nine Patch Christmas Quilt." It also has 6 blocks of appliqued trees so I got to practice my applique skills.
I used a plaid fabric for binding. I just love the look of red & green plaid on Christmas linens.
I found a tutorial on a faux piped binding & thought I'd try it on this quilt & thought it turned out quite well.

The quilt is displayed on a "half wall" right beside the entrance stairs. I live in a bi-level home.

I love it! I'm so happy I took the time to sew this quilt just for me & for whoever come to our home during this Christmas season, to enjoy it too.

No comments: