Thursday, June 9, 2011

If it's too Cold to Garden.....

 When we came home at the end of March from our MDS assignment in Tennessee, it was still winter here in Manitoba & the came the cool spring weather and we're still waiting for warmer weather. So I sat down at my sewing machine & have hardly left it! I sewed 10 baby quilts & 8 baby quilt tops which I can quickly complete as needed. And no, we aren't expecting any more grandbabies, sad to say. These quilts are for all for charity with most of them going to the church we attend to be given as Welcome Baby gifts. 





Some are made with a layer of batting & flannelette backing & on some I put just one layer of fleece. Now I'll wash them all & they'll be ready to warm & comfort a new baby.

4 comments:

Sonya said...

Beautiful!

Julie Fukuda said...

I'd say you made good use of your time. There will be some happy babys out there.

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures!

Charlotte

kerry and jo said...

Looks like a great way to ward off the chill! Lovely, colorful quilts. Lucky babies!