Sunday, February 6, 2011

Spring Project


I saw this pattern & coordinating fabric in a quilting magazine last spring & it really caught my eye even though I generally don't use alot of floral in my quilts. I studied the pattern for awhile & googled to see where I could purchase the fabric & that's as far as I went with it at that time. When my cousin & I were in Stratford this past summer, I happened upon a quilt shop & they carried the fabric for this quilt so I purchased enough to make this quilt & didn't get to it until 2 weeks ago. It took me a while to cut the pieces as there are many small pieces & I got it pieced this past week. Yesterday I got the borders sew & got the quilt sandwiched with the batting, backing & got it pinned. Now it is ready to be quilted & I'll machine quilt it. It is not a large quilt - 56" by 56", so I'll use it as a nap quilt or put it on a chair as a decorative accent piece.Maybe both!! The quilt is called "Sketches of Spring" & I would really like to get it finished by spring but I'm just not sure if I will have the time as I go to Tennessee for the month of March.But we are still in spring mode for all of April & May, so I may find the time.

No comments: